Ringier promotes online business in Vietnam

Ringier's subsidiary media swiss ag has acquired the Nhat Viet Group company in Vietnam, under the umbrella of which all future online activities of the group in Vietnam will be constructed. With an offshore software development team and IT services, the Nhat Viet Group also provides services for the Ringier AG and swiss media ag.

The takeover of the Nhat Viet Group with 30 Vietnamese software engineers, is Ringier’s first step in Vietnam’s booming online market – And thanks to the know-how of the media swiss ag in online matters, the Nhat Viet Group will be implementing e-commerce projects in the near future. With entrance into the Vietnamese online market, Ringier thus increases its activities in this area. Following the acquisition of the company media swiss ag in Switzerland, and the purchase of two online platforms in Croatia and Serbia, Vietnam is now the fourth country in which Ringier promotes a build-up in digital market places.

With its existing team, the Nhat Viet Group also takes on the development of software orders for Ringier AG and swiss media ag. Vietnam has a long tradition in engineering and mathematics and has, thanks to a well developed university network, a pool of young and highly educated computer-science engineers.

Ringier has acquired 70 percent of the Nhat Viet Group; the remaining 30 percent will be taken over at the end of 2012.

Ringier Group Communications